- Masters/PhD Degree from the Australian Government
- Deadline: April-October (annual)
- Australia is a place to study.
- The course begins in 2022/2023.
Brief explanation of Australia Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarships:
The International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (IPRS) ended on December 31, 2016, and was replaced by the Research Training Program (RTP) on January 1, 2017. The RTP provides calendar-year block grants to higher education providers (HEPs) to support both domestic and international students pursuing Research Doctorate and Research Masters degrees, also known as higher degrees by research (HDRs).
Institution(s) hosting: Australia’s Participating Universities
Level/subject of study: Masters by research or Doctorate degrees are available from participating Australian universities.
The number of awards is: It is not specified.
Group to target: International and domestic students
Value/inclusions/duration of the scholarship:
A University may provide one or more of the following types of support to an RTP Scholarship recipient under RTP:
• An RTP Fees Offset pays for a higher degree by research (HDR) student’s tuition fees that would otherwise have been paid by the student. This necessitates that a university fully offset a student’s tuition fee. This is not a salary.
• An RTP Stipend to help students with living expenses while pursuing a higher degree through research.
• RTP Allowances to help students with the ancillary costs of pursuing a higher degree through research (HDR). This includes HDR relocation expenses, HDR thesis printing and academic publication expenses, and health insurance costs for recipients and their dependents.
Eligibility of Australia Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarships:
A student must be a domestic or international student enrolled in an accredited HDR course of study at an Australian HEP to be eligible for an RTP Stipend, RTP Fees Offset, or RTP Allowance. Section 1.5 of the Commonwealth Scholarships Guidelines (Research) 2017 lists the basic eligibility criteria for an RTP.
Instructions for use:
RTP Scholarship applications must be submitted directly to participating universities. Each university has its own application and selection process; please contact your preferred university directly to learn more about how to apply for the RTP scheme. The deadline varies by university, but it is usually between April and October each year.
For detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship, please read the Frequently Asked Questions and visit the website of the University where you intend to apply as well as the official website (link found below).